Hello, and welcome! It’s nice to meet you.
I’m a feisty, feminist, kinky, liberal, bacon-loving, grammarazi, nudist, yogi, sexuality-and-gender geek. By day, I work in family law, but my mission is to open my own therapy practice as a queer-friendly, kink-friendly psychotherapist specializing in sexuality, gender, and relationship issues.
This is my first foray into blogging. My blog is raw, honest, and constantly evolving.
I started this blog with three goals in mind. First, I wanted to practice writing more concisely (a constant uphill battle for me) so that when it comes time to write my personal statement for graduate schools, I won’t panic as much. Second, I wanted to learn how to market myself, as that’s a skill I will need to be finely honed as an independent business owner. And third, I wanted to see if I could monetize a blog. I will consider myself a success on the day when I can buy myself a $5 sandwich entirely from blog revenue. (UPDATE: $5 earned!)
Quirky facts about me:
- Bright lights make me sneeze.
- I hate submerging my head in water about as much as picking usernames for websites.
- I’ve never tried cotton candy, PopTarts, or energy drinks.
- I’m a compulsive listmaker. (Shocking, I know.)
- I haven’t had a professional haircut in over ten years. I do it all myself.
- If I never had to drive myself anywhere again, it would be too soon. It’s not that I mind driving so much as I mind the stress of sharing the road with other drivers.
- I am terrified of large crowds, and I abhor ceremonies. I skipped both my high school and college graduations without regret.
- I can recite the first 50 digits of pi from memory. The 50th digit is 0.
I love getting to know my readers personally. Feel free to ask or share anything you like; nothing is too personal. I live my life openly because I feel that is the most effective way to build meaningful relationships with other people.
E-mail me anytime at email@example.com.